Monday, September 8, 2008

My Marine


Friends-

So here you have it. We are on to a new adventure and we wanted to let you all know. I love Rhett and very proud to be married to a man that is will to serve our country. Rhett's alway want to be a part of something Great and I think this is it. He has always talked about going into the millitary but I never in a million years thought we would really do it and here we go!


Thursday afternoon, after an intense application process, the United States Marine Corps invited me to attend Officer Candidate School (OCS) in October. With the support of my wife, I accepted the invitation and I begin training in Quantico Virginia in less than four weeks. It’s likely that I’ll join one of two local infantry reserve units.
For us life is an adventure—we hope we can always enjoy it! If you’re interested in learning more about our decision and what’s ahead here are a few links:
http://officer.marines.com/page/Becoming-a-Marine-Officer.jsp
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/class186/videos.php
http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/

3 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! I am impressed! How great is that? Anyways, I just Googled Quantico and it's only a 15 hour drive from where we live. We could meet halfway in South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is inspiring. What a great adventure you have ahead. Congrat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ward we are living in right now is largely military based, so we have developed a new respect and admiration for all those who are serving. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Our little family

Our little family

Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl